27 February 2008

Skateboarding, Dude!

Ok, are you ready to take this one down the ramp? Maybe not today. They ate it all!

This cake was made for one of my closest gal's son. He turned 9 years old this past weekend and loves skateboarding. This was a tough one, believe it or not. It was the first time I used Edible Images for my cakes. Totally changed my life!

I traced the main image from a tattoo I found online, using a light box, a very cool technique I learned from Mara Tirado of Risque Cakes in Miami. The cake is airbrushed, which at one point looked like a Mexican Rug. I thought I was going to loose it! But it all came together!

It was yellow butter cake, filled with whipped white chocolate ganache and chocolate ganache, iced in Italian meringue buttercream. Happy Birthday Dellin! Skate or Die!!

No comments: