24 March 2008

Here comes Peter Cottontail....

Hoppin' down the bunny trail!


Here are the latest cupcakes that I was offering my clients for Easter! They were a nice alternative to the very traditional, yet quirky, Lamb cake, which was how the idea was developed!


I was asked to do an Easter Lamb cake for a client and was thrilled at the idea of it, since I grew up with them as well. I tried to make one years back, before I started decorating cakes, and it was the ugliest thing I had ever seen. I decided to go and look at my Wilton pan and started to sweat! The horror of it all, the lamb cake with a pushed in nose, missing ear and crooked eyes that were piped with Betty Crocker tube icing filled my head. I turned it down. My first turn down EVER!! It is not my cup of tea.

These little loves are yellow butter cake, vanilla Italian meringue buttercream, coated with shredded coconut, topped with malted ball Robin's Eggs. I filled the packages with jelly beans, wrapped them in laser cut cupcake wrappers, tied with wired ribbon and created individual stickers for the recipients! I'm telling ya, I love to make cupcakes. They are SO much fun.

Happy Easter, Peeps!!


No comments: