21 April 2008

Goodbye 30's... Hello 29 forever!!

Alright people... Am I getting old or is everyone turning 40??? Good thing I still have some time and expensive creams to help preserve what I have before I resort to Botox.



One of my cakes was canceled this week and I didn't know what to do with myself. I HAD the fever to make a cake. And for some reason, I was dying to make a spring time, bright , fun cake. My dear friend, Anne Marie was celebrating her 29th (cough, cough...) and I thought I could whip her up a little something for her birthday. Especially since the Cakery was quiet.





This lovely gem was a banana cake with a Kahlua soak, filled with Italian meringue buttercream, chocolate ganache and coconut creme' filling. It was one of the only times where I can actually EAT my own cake! It was yummy. The top tier was Styrofoam. I love that Styrofoam, I tell ya....

Happy Birthday to one of my favorite Girls!

1 comment:

Anne Marie said...

Prudence, You're sooo awesome!!! Thank you so much for my surprise birthday cake. It was gorgeous and delicious; I really hated to cut it, but I'm glad that I did.
Forget "chica," you are the cake goddess. You go girl.