16 April 2008

Scuba Dangers...


Scuba? Did you say you want to learn how to scuba dive? Oh boy, here we go.... UGH!




My husband took a 2 DAY course last weekend to learn how to scuba dive. Can you tell how happy I was about that?? Meow...

A few of them are taking our friend Dave for a scuba diving "guys" weekend to the Keys for his 40th birthday. (Kum-by-ya people....) They all studied the book like maniacs for a week and piled into my husband's best friend Kevin's pool to take the course. While they were under water, I was making a cake!


I was inspired from a similar design I saw moons ago, on CakeCentral.com. It was a my "Mounds" cake flavor- chocolate butter cake filled with Italian meringue buttercream, chocolate ganache, and coconut creme. Our friend's, Debra and Eric were in town from Kentucky and mentioned that they wished they could try my cake. I couldn't resist!!


Here is my homage to the scuba weekend. Have fun boys!! Good thing we have an insurance policy! Seriously, just kidding.

2 comments:

Sweet Sins said...

I just found your blog.. I love it, I love what you can do with a cake. I wish you lived close to me so I could just go watch and learn! I am just in awww

Jennifer said...

Hi there! I found your blog a couple of weeks ago while looking for a scuba themed cake. LOVED this one and attempted to copy it for a friend's daughter's baby shower! Mine is not nearly as great as yours! But thanks for the inspiration! Fantastic cakes! You do such an incredible job! Have a great week! ~Jennifer