21 May 2008

Law School Graduation

Graduation Season is here! How do you celebrate such an event? With a cake, of course!!

I was commissioned by my very good buddies, Lucy and Ray, to create a cake for their friend, Allison, who was celebrating her graduation from the Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University (FAMU) Law School. I thought that a cake of stacked books would be simply perfect!



The cake was my Classy Razz- white butter cake, filled with chocolate ganache, white chocolate buttercream and raspberry. Each layer had a Chambord soak to give it that extra "kick" that we so adore!! I airbrushed the cake to give it that beat-up, old look and added the ink well with Quill feather to top it off. The top "book" was Styrofoam, my favorite!!

Congrats to Allison and many wishes to her Law career ahead!!

7 comments:

The Kitchen Vixen said...

What an amazing cake! You are so talented;)

toontz said...

Very clever!

My Sweet & Saucy said...

What a fun cake...perfect for grads!

miss.cupcake.face said...

All of your cakes are very nice! Truly creative!

glamah16 said...

OH wOW! I'm putting you in my reades ASAP. Beautiful, fun work. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. So much inspiration here.

Dianne said...

Beautiful cake!

April said...

wow, that is fantastic!!!