09 June 2008

Breakin' The Law...

Good thing these handcuffs are made from sugar!! I was commissioned by Luana and Ron to create a cake for their dear friend, a retiring sheriff. To be honest with you, I was stumped!! I wasn't sure what I was going to do until I passed by a Highway Patrol office. Then it came to me, his HAT!

I really enjoyed making this cake. I especially LOVE the coffee and donut detail. Such a typical joke for the police! Luana and Ron were kind enough to send me a picture of his Stetson. I hand sculpted the badge to match.

It was a Yellow butter cake, filled with strawberry and chocolate ganache, iced in white chocolate Italian meringue buttercream. *Yummy* The spilling coffee and donut are made from chocolate fondant.
Happy Retirement, Wayne!!

7 comments:

Jackie said...

What a fun idea! And the donuts look great. I bet this was all a real hit!

Rebecca said...

Oh, this is awesome! I'm sure he was thrilled. Great design!

Fran Z said...

Prudence, You are so creative!!! I love to see your great cakes!


In the spirit of blogdom I have tagged you!

My Sweet & Saucy said...

I love this cake! Ever piece of it is perfect!

Sweet Sins said...

How long does it take you too do all this?? I would think hours!! I am just loving that little donut and coffee spill!!

silverrock said...

You made that cake!!???! No way!? That is brilliant, I love the hat... it looks so real, I'm sure it tastes as good as it looks.

silverrock said...

You made that cake!!???! No way!? That is brilliant, I love the hat... it looks so real, I'm sure it tastes as good as it looks.