16 July 2008

Dylan's 1st Birthday Cake!

Another year gone by, again. Can time go by any faster?? Please, make it stop!!

My beautiful friend, Tania, called me to make her adorable little guy Dylan's 1ST Birthday cake! I was truly honored to take on such a special request!
After looking at several choices, this was the one! Tania fell in *LOVE* with this very elegant and clean design based off of a Pink Cake Box creation. (She is a very sophisticated mama herself!)


The cake was white butter cake, filled with white chocolate Italian Meringue buttercream, chocolate ganache, and strawberries, iced in white chocolate IMBC too! The top of the cake was my favorite, Styrofoam, a nice keepsake for their celebration. I airbrushed the silver on the bear which gave it a great metallic shine.
I also made the little guy a smash cake piped in coordinating colors, iced in buttercream and also filled with strawberries. Unfortunately, I FORGOT to take a picture of the little one! *DUH*


My girl LOVED his cake! Which is the BEST part of my job!! Happy Birthday to my little guy, Dylan!!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

This cake is so beautiful! I hope someday to make cakes to this amazing!
Also..Thank you soooo much, as I see you have me listed as one of your favorite blogs..Thats awesome!

~Kimberly said...

Wow that is gorgeous! What a lucky little guy!

anne marie said...

What a gorgeous cake! You totally out did yourself, Miss P.