31 July 2008

Seriously Simple Syrup, seriously!

I am excited to be adding another recipe to the blog for my wonderful blog readers, Seriously Simple Syrup! (Are you SERIOUS?? I'm NOT kidding...)

Seriously Simple Syrup is VERY easy to make and is great for adding moisture and a "KICK" of flavor to your cake. I use it quite often because my cakes are a very dense consistency, which I need in order to stand up to the carving and weight of the fondant. Once the syrup cools down, you can add ANY flavor you want - liquors (hiccup...), extracts or citrus juices.

Brush on your fabulous cake creation before filling with the MOST fattening buttercream you can find!

Seriously Simple Syrup:
1 Cup (7oz.) - Granulated Sugar
1 Cup (8oz.) - Water
1/4 Cup (2 oz.) - Flavoring
  1. Combine sugar and water into a medium saucepan. Stir to hydrate the sugar completely.
  2. Bring to a boil over high heat, WITHOUT STIRRING.
  3. Once the syrup comes to a boil, remove it from the heat and allow it to cool down in the pan.
  4. Add your flavoring! Add more for a stronger "kick". We like KICK!
  5. Brush on the top layers of your cake before filling.

Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.

That's it! Seriously simple, huh?

Miss P

2 comments:

Cakespy said...

That does sound easy...maybe even I could handle it! :-)

Leslie said...

mm.simple syrup with flavored RUM..thats what I am talking about!!!!