Seriously Simple Syrup is VERY easy to make and is great for adding moisture and a "KICK" of flavor to your cake. I use it quite often because my cakes are a very dense consistency, which I need in order to stand up to the carving and weight of the fondant. Once the syrup cools down, you can add ANY flavor you want - liquors (hiccup...), extracts or citrus juices.
Brush on your fabulous cake creation before filling with the MOST fattening buttercream you can find!
Seriously Simple Syrup:
1 Cup (7oz.) - Granulated Sugar
1 Cup (8oz.) - Water
1/4 Cup (2 oz.) - Flavoring
- Combine sugar and water into a medium saucepan. Stir to hydrate the sugar completely.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, WITHOUT STIRRING.
- Once the syrup comes to a boil, remove it from the heat and allow it to cool down in the pan.
- Add your flavoring! Add more for a stronger "kick". We like KICK!
- Brush on the top layers of your cake before filling.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.That's it! Seriously simple, huh?