31 August 2008

DB: Yummy Eclairs

Hey folks! It is challenge time, Daring Bakers style! I have to be honest, the last Daring Bakers challenge almost sent me to the pastry nut farm. I was delighted to see that our challenge this month was a familiar one for me. ECLAIRS! *Yeah*
Our lovely hosts for this moth were Meeta from What's For Lunch Honey and Tony from Olive Juice. This recipe was adapted from Chocolate Desserts by Pierre Homme'. You will never guess who the author is: Dorie Greenspan! With that being said, we had to create another pate a choux, which was the same puff pastry for the Minty Cream Puff Ring, a vanilla pastry cream and a fab chocolate glaze to drape across the top!

Since I am an expert in the fine art of pate a choux, this one was an easy one for me. I am VERY happy to make this again. It is SO delicious and SO easy. OK, well, not as easy as buying them in the frozen section of your grocery store. But simple enough and elegant for a special function.
Stop by Olive Juice for the recipe!


Enjoy!
Miss P

7 comments:

Leslie said...

Look at you getting all fancy with the plate decorations!!!Beautiful!

Gina said...

It is great to see someone else here that is from Orlando. Thanks for visiting my blog. Your eclairs look great. Love the presentation! And I love the Cake Wrecks blog too...hilarious...

Fran Z said...

Your eclairs look lovely! -my first try at the choux, but it was easier that I expected!

Ma Baker said...

I love your pretty smears.
Well done on the challenge.
It was nice to something simple for a change.

Jacque said...

I agree, I was happy to have something fairly "simple" too... that hazelnut cake was a hum-dinger. Your eclairs look really nice, I like the white accent on top.

Jaime said...

great job on this challenge!

(p.s. just wanted you to know it took me forever to figure out where to click to post a comment - not sure if it's just me? but wanted to bring it to your attention)

Snooky doodle said...

these look delicious and i like the way you decorated them. Nice job