05 August 2008

TWD: Black & White Banana Loaf

You know what time it is? By now, you probably have an idea! It's Tuesdays With Dorie. This time, there is no GAG-OLA City here. Although there is FRUIT in this one! Ashlee of A Year In The Kitchen chose The Black and White Banana Loaf on page 232. I was finally happy with one of the choices and decided to go for it. I don't have any aversions to baked bananas.



I gave it my own flair and decided to make my loaf into muffins. I threw in chopped pecans and chocolate chips for extra ZIP. (I like ZIP....) It is VERY easy to make this recipe. It ONLY took a very small amount of time, thank heavens, considering I have a 200 serving wedding cake, groom's cake, first birthday cake with cupcakes this week..... Oh Lordy, lordy..

Overall, they tasted FanTasTic. I would have added a bit more sugar to the mix. Found it to be a *BLAH*. Good thing for the extra chocolate chips. This would make a great QUICKIE (no, not THAT kind of quickie...) breakfast over a nice weekend.


Check out Ashlee's blog for the recipe.

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

Love the muffin idea. I thought this one was blah, too. We soooo need to move on from baked fruit.

Pamela said...

Great idea to add the extra chocolate and nuts and to make them into muffins. Good luck with that big wedding cake!

Clumbsy Cookie said...

Nice extra ZIPs you added! I liked how you made them into muffins also!

n.o.e said...

Cute muffins, and great idea for the additions!

Michelle H said...

I made muffins too! I like that it didn't take 1.5 hours to cook. I couldn't wait that long for these babies. LOL

Fran Z said...

Sounds like a winner esp with your additions!

cakewardrobe said...

Your DB cake looks AMAZING!!!!! As with all your creations! I have a lot to learn from you!

Snooky doodle said...

thanks for visiting my blog. These little cakes look delicious. The filbert gateau look really nice and yummy too.