26 August 2008

TWD: Chocolate Banded Ice Cream Torte


Hello my Tuesday visitors! Hope life has been treating ALL of you kindly!! What turbulent times here in Florida! Fay did a number on us. Goodness Gracious... Fortunately for my family, everything is fine. Many people are flooded though.

Moving on to a happy place, today is you know what, Tuesdays With Dorie! I didn't think I was going to make this one. BUT, I did! This week's selection of the "Chocolate-Banded Ice Cream Torte", on pages 288-289 was chosen by Amy of Food, Family and Fun. Since the choice for this week was ice cream, I was psyched.


I have to tell you that this was absolutely fabulous!! The original recipe calls for raspberry ice cream in an 8" spring form pan. Since I didn't want the "temptation" lingering in my freezer, I halved the recipe. I made a rum vanilla ice cream mini-mini torte, topped with whipped cream, caramel, chocolate sauce and slivered almonds. The results were out of this world!! I used a small pyrex bowl for the shape.


Very easy make, although it does take sometime between steps for freezing. Overall, thumbs up! Be sure to stop by Amy's for the recipe. AND, of course, be sure to check out all of the fab TWD Bakers!!

Enjoy!!

Miss P

10 comments:

StickyGooeyCreamyChewy said...

Glad you survived Fay! We didn't even get one drop of rain all week!

Your torte looks luscious!

Rebecca said...

Mmmm, that combo sounds delicious! It would definitely call my name from the freezer. ;)

Cakespy said...

Now this looks GOOD!!! Glad that you survived the storm too. I hear some people got hit pretty badly!

Janiece said...

Oh Yum!!!
Thanks for visiting my site!
I can see I will be visiting you often...
Glad you are safe from the storm

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

Looks sooooooo DEEEElicious!!

Anamika:The Sugarcrafter said...

dear dorie
you have a nice blog and i loved your posts..greetings to you from Botswana !

The DeL Sisters said...

That is so cute!

Barbara said...

Glad you're OK. That is the tiniest, cutest torte I've seen so far! How delightful!

n.o.e said...

With all that fancy stuff, I'll bet your torte was delicious. And quite the temptation!
Nancy

Jaime said...

lovely little mini torte!