09 September 2008

TWD: Chocolate Whopper Malted Drops

Hey Gang! Hope life is treating you kindly!! 'Cause it has been kickin' me in the butt! BUT (no pun intended...) today IS Tuesday and we are back again with my friends at Tuesdays With Dorie! *Yah HOOie!!* This week's lovely selection was chosen by our gal, Rachel of Confessions of a Tangerine Tart perfectly situated in our books on page 85.


Oh, what a GREAT choice this week!! I have to be honest, peeps. This cookie thang is OUT OF THIS WORLD! I found myself licking the spoon, over and over, taking in EVERY ounce of "Going straight to the hips" GOODNESS! As always, this recipe was extremely EASY to make. I decided to replace the dark chocolate with white chocolate chips.
The one HUGE problem I had with it was eating NUMEROUS malted balls. I was OUTTA control, guys! Those things are BIG trouble!! They had to take a hike and FAST!! So, I asked my son (who shoved down 2 of the MOST FAB drops so fast I thought I was seeing a disappearing act at the circus...) if we could send them to school tomorrow for his class. Turns out, a new kid in his 4th grade class, Jayden is celebrating his 9th birthday tomorrow!! He is a CANCER survivor Alex, thought it would be great to celebrate it with everyone.
I think I did SOMETHING right as a parent to hear those words come out of my son's mouth. OK, this MAY be an isolated incident. Touched I was....
Please stop by Rachel's place for the recipe, give me a BIG holler or any of the TWD Bakers! ! It is definitely worth trying!! Oh, BTW, I thought the pics were pretty darn good this time. If you like, PLEASE let me know!! I AM trying to do better!!
Enjoy-
Miss P

13 comments:

PheMom said...

Glad you loved them - I did too! Your cookies look really wonderful!

Lori said...

what a great kid you have! i'm sure they'll be a big hit with his class, much better than the treats that used to come to school back when I was a kid, way back in the olden days.

Mevrouw Cupcake said...

These cookies were so good straight out of the oven, they made my toes curl! Love your pics!

Jodie said...

Hey great minds think alike- I used white choco chips, too. YUM!

Fran Z said...

MMMM- Love chocolate malted anything!!! YuM!

Janiece said...

I am on my way to get everything to make these cookies! They look "to die for"!
What a wonderful son you have. You are teaching him the talent of kindness, and I would bet it is by example!
The pictures by the way look awesome...I am just grateful the computer screen didn't shock my tongue!!! But, I swear I can smell them!!!!

Libby said...

I LOVE your blog. And I had your same enthusiasm for the cookies. They were delish, and I couldn't not eat the batter! Thanks for your effort and positivity!

SUGAR BETTY said...

Those pictures are awesome. Loving the blog, too. Visit mine when you can. Thanks for your efforts. Really shows. I love this cookie recipe. I just ate 2 and an ice cream sandwich. :)

natalia said...

Ciao ! I' m sorry to hear you are not having a great time . BUT your photos are super (I have to learn a lot) and your blog is really beautiful I love the painted paper base (?!)finally school has started today so I will stop eating soo much of this wonderful baking !

Leslie said...

Love the cookies too! I made them a few months ago(still have yet to post about them)! I used the whopper box as a prop in my photos as well! Maybe I will get off my lazy butt and put the post up!

Sandy Smith said...

Your cookies look delicious and your photos are terrific!! Great job!

AmyRuth said...

Love your "peppy" blog. Very animated and fun. Your photos are great and your cookies look amazing. YMM

AmyRuth

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

It's times like this when I REEAALLLLLYYY wish I had time to do TWD! They look YUMMY!