14 October 2008

TWD: Beautiful Biscotti, Baby!



Tuesday is here again, my friends. (I hope I am NOT turning into John McCain...) And this day truly solidifies the whole reason why I love Dorie Greenspan and her fab book, "Baking, From My Home To Yours" and Tuesdays With Dorie.

Easy and delicious recipes, kiddos!

This week's wonderful selection was chosen by our host, Gretchen of Canela & Comino who picked the Lenox Almond Biscotti on page 141 - 143. I know I say this ALL of the time... BUT, I really never knew how EASY it is to make, off ALL things, Biscotti! I am always amazed at how easy all of this hard looking stuff is. Easy, my friends. Easy, Easy EASY...

(OK, if I say easy one more time!)
A few changes I made: I added 2 TBSP. of Amaretto to the sugar mixture. (I will try to sneak alcohol into anything!) And I had whole almonds that I chopped up in the food processor. I threw slivered almonds on top and dipped the end in white chocolate. *YUM*
Tasty factor: Every time I went to the fridge to see my cutie pie biscotti, there was one missing. Come to find out, my hubby was shoveling them under the radar! I give this one a double thumbs up!!

Once again, I let my guinea pigs take a bite.


Enjoy-


Miss P

29 comments:

Lori said...

YOUR KIDS ARE FREAKIN ADORABLE!!!!!

and the biscotti weren't bad, either. :)

Engineer Baker said...

Feeding alcohol to the kiddies, tut tut :) I think their faces and the under-the-radar snacking prove this one to be a winner!

Prudence said...

Oh NO!! I am a BAD mommy!! I think (hope) that the alcohol baked off! At least, I didn't notice my girls walking crooked! :)

Peggy said...

what beautiful children. Loved the biscotti - yours looks great.

SUGAR BETTY said...

Prudence, can you please adopt me? PLEASE? Sheesh! The biscotti looks lovely. I didn't make any this week since I personally don't like biscotti. I made coconut cupcakes instead. I will visit again soon! Cheers my love!

Candy said...

Such cuties! I love the chocolate icing! I agree they were much easier than I suspected.

Em said...

really nice job with these!!!

vibi said...

Beautifull indeed, baby!
...and high class-cookies spoiled babies! LOL
BRAVO! great, great job, Prudence!

Janiece said...

YUMMY

Jodie said...

Adorable kids! Oh, and the biscotti looks yummy, too. :)

pinkstripes said...

Your biscotti look perfect! I love the addition of amarretto and the white chocolate dip. These were super-easy to make. I loved them.

Joanna said...

i love lemon in baked goods. it usually tastes sweet and the white chocolate sounds heavenly.

Rebecca said...

Wow, these look forget-the-laundry-for-10-minutes fabulous. Amaretto? I'm there.

Bridgett said...

Great idea with the amaretto! Your kids are darling and I have really enjoyed visiting your blog.

susan said...

ur biscottis look absolutely amazing. glad to hear it was a success.

Janiece said...

Thank you for visiting my blog, and for having such nice things to say.

Barbara said...

Lovely biscotti and children! You know you have a good recipe when the family starts sneaking them "under the radar"...

Lo said...

These are gorgeous! And so are the children. I'll bet the addition of the amaretto was a very nice touch!

Gretchen Noelle said...

These look absolutely delicious! Amaretto in these I am sure tasted just delicious!

n.o.e said...

Beautiful biscotti indeed, and beautiful pictures and VERY beatiful children!! Oh, does that picture remind me of my two girls - they are now 20 and 22.

I'm with you on why to love TWD - not just to find new delicious recipes, but the best part for me is when I find a great recipe that I thought was going to be so/so or that I almost skipped. The biscotti were that way - I was so pleasantly surprised.
Nancy

Leslie said...

"My friends"..LOL..he said it a few more time last night too!!!

Leslie said...

"My friends"..LOL..he said it a few more time last night too!!!

Shari@Whisk: a food blog said...

Amaretto and white chocolate - yum!

Amanda said...

Could you taste the Ameretto in them? That sounds yummy :) Your photos are GORGEOUS as are your children!

Jacque said...

Wish I had two cutie patooties to model my baked goods, lol. (well, the girl variety anyway... I've got two of the boy variety and they are not interested in showing off my hard work in the kitchen.)

Your biscotti look fantastic~!

the AIRY FAIRY said...

what a beautiful blog u have...i'm just lovin' it! great photos too...they're making my mouth water!

Meg said...

The biscotti look wonderful and your guinea pigs are adorable!

SUGAR BETTY said...

I am loving the new facelift of your blog. Niiiice. The background colors makes me happy . . oh, where was I? Yes, your biscotti. They look fantastic (even though I am not a fan of biscotti). I'll check back for the pumpkin muffins. Your kids are super duper cute. They look like supermodels.

Jeannette said...

deliciosas !