05 January 2009

Dog Lover's Cake

Hey everyone! I hope ALL of you had a FAB holiday and very merry New Year!! I figured that is was a good idea to start touching base again. You would think I got on that plane to Bulgaria and never came back. I truly have to say that I missed ALL of you! You guys are what keeps me here, that's for sure.

Bulgaria was absolutely fantastic! (Pics to come...) The food was delish! Lick your fingers delish. I hated the thought of coming home, dealing with the true realities on life- cooking, cleaning, laundry, homework, "wifey duties".... *Yuck* Living in "Dreamland" had its advantages for sure. We only worried about where we were going to eat each night!


Life at the Cakery has been NUTS. Simply nutty. Add that to the holiday mix and you have a recipe for craziness and disorganization. Complete chaos! I ended up stay home on New Year's and working. Yep, working- alone. No kids, no parties. I have to confess that it was the best medicine.

So, I will start from the beginning of the cake craze WAY back in November! (*YIKES*) I received a call from my beautiful "sister from another mister", Lisa Bauer, one of the most SWEETEST of sweethearts! She and a few of her girls were celebrating a dear friend Charlotte's 60-ish birthday. She called yours truly and of course I wanted to make something GREAT! Charlotte's favorite love is, you guessed it, dogs. So, hence the design.


The dogs were made from chocolate fondant. I hated to part with them. They were way too cute!!

post signature

17 comments:

Stephanie said...

OMG I love this cake!

The Sugar Fairy said...

Awww, the little puppy with the red bow is just adorable!

glamah16 said...

Happy New Year! Adorable.

Leslie said...

Welcome home! We all missed you and your adorable creations!!!
Love the puppy cake! Tpo darn cute!!!

Renaissance Woman said...

I love this cake. Not even sure I could actually eat it because those puppies are soooo cute! But now that I think about it...yummy!

Bridgett said...

Oh my, those are so darling! They remind me of my daughter's Littlest Pet Shop puppies. Too cute!

Cooking for Comfort by Jennifer said...

This cake is ADORABLE! You are so very talented!

SUGAR B said...

Welcome back woman! I miss you! Like very much! Glad you are home safe and sound. I love this cake! Woof! Woof!

Snooky doodle said...

How cute this cake ! There s an award for you at my blog :)

Teresa Cordero Cordell said...

Prudence...I'm so happy you're back! Happy New Year to you my friend. I missed you. I love looking at your creations. You are so talented. These pups are ADORABLE! I wouldn't want to eat them...just look at them and smile. Good job.

Fran Z said...

Welcome back Prudence! We have missed you!!! Happy New Year
Such a cute cake!

Matt said...

My favorite is the little guy on his back. This cake is way too cool to let anyone cut into it!

Marie Reed said...

What a gorgeous and yummy blog you have!

Sweet Things said...

Those dogs are adorable!

cakewardrobe said...

ahhh!! just too cute! If he was red, he'd be clifford!

My Sweet & Saucy said...

What a great job you did with the sculpting!

MARGARITA BLOOM said...

Such a cute blog! Oh, man that doggie is so cute!!