26 February 2009

"Fancy Nancy" Cake

Oh my gosh.... I have NOT posted anything in ages! I almost forgot my password to log in. Shameful, I tell ya. I have been a BAD, BAD girl! (That could be a good thing, right??) It has been tough catching up with everything. Going to Bulgaria, birthdays, holidays, anniversaries... LIFE. So, I am going to try to get back in the swing of things!

Well, here is it! My daughter, Sophie's, 4th birthday cake, a 5 tier Fancy Nancy extravaganza!!

The funny thing about this cake is that is was VERY UGLY, I mean FUGLY, when I was putting it together. I wasn't sure f I was going to be able to pull it off. I was sweating, thinking that when all of our guests showed up, they weren't going to understand my vision. Once I started putting all of the stuff on it, it all started to come together. Thank GOODNESS!

Okay, so it was as tall as my girls! lol... If your mom makes cakes, you HAVE to have the biggest cakes ever, right?


The cakes was most made out of "cake dummies". I mean, we weren't going to eat a cake that was truly meant for over 150 people. So, the real cake is the orange and white layers, smack dab in the middle of the cake. No one could even tell. I love to do that!!

Happy 4th birthday to my little beautiful slice of sunshine!
I love you more than words can ever say!

post signature

10 comments:

Snooky doodle said...

Happy birthday to your little one. she looks so cute!! this cake is ideal for young girls I would have loved it . so big and colourful and full of nice decorations. Well done and nice job :)

Leslie said...

OMG,,you daughter is BEAUTIFUL!
Love your dark cherry kitchen cabinets...but I sooooo love that cake. My daughter Emma (almost 4) saw it and ont you know she now wants it, THANKS! I am not going to even attempt to make that.

Renaissance Woman said...

I love the cake!!! I once had a little girl in my life that I loved like a daughter and she LOVED Fancy Nancy! She would have loved this birthday cake. Your daughter is very lucky that you wre able to give her such a wonderful gift.

Kristen said...

That is one amazing cake! My 5 year old would be crazy for that!

Teresa Cordero Cordell said...

Hey Pru, so glad you posted this cake. It's fantastic. And your daughter Sophie is a real cutie. My birthday wishes to her.

Melinda said...

that is an amazing cake!

Mary said...

Omigosh...I have cake envy..I have sons and somehow creating the fire fighter/construction vehicle cakes are no where as cute as this Fancy Nancy one...wow...

Lisa said...

Wow! Fabulous cake design!! Love all the added fun things like the big feathers. How fun!

Sugarpink Icing said...

WOW WOW, amazing cake, luv the colours, the deco, luv everything abt the cake!

eva said...

Amazing cake. Wow!