08 April 2009

Anatomically Correct Heart Cake?

Yes, you read that correctly. Anatomically correct!


I received a call from a cutie pa-tootie client, Jazz. who asked if I can make her a heart cake. (Heart cake, sure! Easy... Sometimes I am down for easy, considering all of the crazy cakes I have, some of which I have YET to post.) Well, of course, it wasn't a heart shaped cake. It was a cross section of the heart for her Science Fair project. Then, her equally adorable mom, Gwen, got on the phone and told me it is her daughter's last year in school and she wanted her to go out with a "bang"!



So, here it is! I have to admit, it is one of the weirdest cakes I have EVER made. And equally as weird- I totally fell in love with it. It was so cool and gross. I had a very hard time letting it go. Inside was my "Tropical" flavor: yellow butter cake, filled with pineapple, coconut and Italian meringue buttercream.





The very next day, Gwen gave me a buzz and told me the cake won FIRST place at the Fair! I was SOOOOO excited to hear the news!



Stay Sweet!
post signature

8 comments:

Snooky doodle said...

congratulations! this cake it s not so nice to look at but surely an impressive masterpiece. You re amazing :)

Cate said...

Oh my gosh, how fun is that cake?

edna said...

That is awesome!

edna said...

That is awesome!

Renaissance Woman said...

That is the best looking heart I have seen! First place...no doubt!

Special T Cakes said...

(I just noticed your comment on my blog...thanks so much!) I am even more flattered when I jump to your blog to see you ABSOLUTELY AMAZING WORK! You are incredible!

kris_tea said...

LOL I love, love, love this cake. I visit my mother's 3rd & 4th grade classes each year & discuss my career (CT/X-Ray Tech) & my heart (I have a heart defect). This would be great to take to the class too but I'm not near that talented or patient. Hehe. Just wanted to explain why I loved the cake without sounding too creepy.

Congrats on winning, too. WTG!

Brittany said...

hi!!i am chases friend she spent the weekend over at my house and showed me this that is soo cool!!!!u r really talented