27 April 2009

Litte Mermaid Birthday Cake

Hello again, my peeps! I am back again. I carved out sometimetoday to make sure I post SOMETHING before life gets in the way. Character cakes, character cakes! I have been receiving tons of requests for these. I have two things to say, "Great" and "UGH". You all know that I love a challenge.... But I HATE these cakes. Despise is a better word. Reason being, it literally takes HOURS to get it right. I mean, who wants an "Ariel" cake that looks like the Loch Ness Monster!! lol.. If you don't nail them right, someone is going to be very disappointed. Well, I tried my best and thought I pulled it off pretty darn good, considering I was using my daughter's book, a lump of fondant and a Styrofoam ball.






The cake was the rock that they are chillin' on. It was a golden butter cake, filled with Italian Meringue Buttercream, real simple for the kids. When my daughter's took one look at the cake, the request for upcoming birthday's were flying through the air! Looks like I will be making MORE in the future!! At least until they are 6 or 7 years old!!

Happy 3rd to the Birthday Princess, Haley!! Hope you enjoyed your cake!

Stay Sweet~

post signature

6 comments:

Snooky doodle said...

oh this looks amazing. Wish I could do some figures like that. Ariel looks so nice ! Well done

Nichi said...

That is so adorable!

Nicole said...

Yes you did nail them! I usually just use toys and decorate the cake around them. It's just my hobby and I don't want to take the time to charge people for all the time it would take to make all the characters by hand. Then I don't have to feel so bad about them hitting the trash two seconds after they come off the cake either. :) Congrats and good luck on your upcoming challenges!

Darlene said...

You definitely got it girl, it looks great!

BellaLovesPink said...

You've got skills lady!

Teresa Cordero Cordell said...

Hey there Pru, it's been a while. You know I just love your cake creations. I think you are so talented. This Ariel cake looks perfect. I'm so glad the little ones loved it. Good job my friend.