04 June 2009

Look out! Attack of the butterfly wedding cake!!

I LOVE butterflies. For some reason, I am secretly obsessed with them. I try to put them on as many cakes as I can, sneaking them in. They are so pretty and delicate. And they make a very nice added touch.

This was a wedding cake I was asked to make for my client's Tania and Todd in April. Their wedding venue was the Royal Crest Room, in St. Cloud. YES, I know, April, you ask??? I am SOOOOOOOO behind. UGH... lol..




This cake was an beautiful replication of the Winter 2009 "Martha Stewart Weddings" Magazine cover. What a beautiful cake! Totally caught my eye from first glance.



The flavor was our "Monkey Cake": banana butter cake, filled with chocolate ganache and Italian Meringue Buttercream. You can't tell by the pics, but the two top layers were separated from the bottom, giving the cake much more height and interest.



Ok, fine. I like mine better, Martha! lol...

Stay Sweet, Peeps!!

post signature

6 comments:

Snooky doodle said...

oh just gorgeous!

Leslie said...

you always amaze me with your beautiful cakes!

Teresa Cordero Cordell said...

Oh Prudence, you did it again. Lovely reproduction of Martha's cake. But I'm with you. Yours is much prettier! Good job my friend.

Renaissance Woman said...

Oh my goodness...it is amazing! And I just want to say yum...

tania verkenes said...

Prudence is a doll. The butterfly cake is the cake she made for my wedding. I told her what I was looking for and she came up with this beautiful cake. Not only was the cake beautiful it was soooo yummy. My guest kept asking me where the cake came from because they just fell in love with it and just enjoyed the taste. If you are having a difficult time making a decision on your baker for your wedding stop here because you have found your baker. She is great!!!

Thanks Prudence!

The Cake Lady said...

You do AMAZING work! I am going to have to start peeking in and watching all you do!!
Thanks for sharing!
You show me that I still have a ton to learn!!